For this semester, new code & silibus for Discrete Mathematics are as follows:
- BASIC LOGIC (04 : 02) – This topic deals with propositional logic, logical connectives and truth tables and validity. Predicate logic, universal and existential quantification are discussed
- SETS, FUNCTIONS AND RELATIONS (04 : 02) – This topic includes sets and set operations, functions and relations. Operations associated with sets, functions, and relations are also discussed.
- GRAPHS AND TREES (06 : 03) – This topic deals with fundamental concepts of graph theory: undirected graphs, directed graphs. The concept and procedure of building trees: spanning trees and traversal strategies covered.
- INDUCTION AND RECURSION (04 : 02) – This topic consists of mathematical induction to prove statements and recursive definition is used to define sequences, functions and sets.
- COUNTING PRINCIPLE (06 : 03) – This topic includes permutation and combination. It is used to solve counting problem.
- BOOLEAN ALGEBRA (06 : 03) – This topic includes the basic properties of Boolean algebra to implement circuit diagram. The Karnaugh Map is used to minimise the circuits.
For topics 1 until 3, the notes are same with the old silibus but for topics 4 until 6, the topics are different. So anyone who can share your notes for Topic 4, 5 and 6 with me? 🙂
Thank you for your cooperation..~~